Sunday, September 28, 2008

Hot dogs, hive dogs and Houdini


While making our run to HEB, we couldn't help but notice the giant WIENER mobile! I had no idea this thing existed. Caden was fascinated with it. TUCK, TUCK! He kept wanting to check the truck out. This picture is awful, it was taken with my iphone, but you get the idea. Of course, neither child would smile. I had a fraction of a sec to take a pic. Brooke was watching the car which was about to hit me, and Caden wanted out to check out the "tuck."


We have a hummingbird feeder and enjoy watching the hummingbirds feed out the backdoor. Sometimes the feeder leaks and bees swarm to drink the sugar water off the patio floor. I put Sal outside to let her go potty. I put food in her bowl and she stepped on about 5 bees. She yelped, ran inside and licked her paw. I kept watching her to see if she was getting hives...and about 10 minutes later, this is what she looked like! Poor Sal Sal. I rushed her to the vet and they gave her 2 shots and some pills. The next day, she looked like this:

Much better!


Brooke's nick name when she was an infant was Houdini. She somehow got out of her swaddle as a newborn. Now, she's into "disappearing." She wanders off into different rooms of the house. This is what I found yesterday! 1 pigtail in, 1 out and playing with the electrical outlet in our bedroom! NICE!
Most of the time she's wherever Caden is....and Caden is wherever I am. This past couple of days they have turned into quite the "huggers." They give each other hugs all the time (while playing, in the bathtub, etc.) They enjoy each other's company and like to be right beside each other. Like this:

Please excuse the mosquito bites ALL OVER B & C. They are sooo...bad at our house. They attack you even with loads of Off on!

1 comment:

Tricia said...

What cuties those two Shipleys! :)