Wednesday, November 5, 2008
How can I motivate a 22 month old?
We have been working with Brooke for so long (at least 9 months) on getting her to walk. She just has no interest. Her physical therapist came today and was surprised that Brooke had little to no improvement in walking. She is walking somewhat with one hand held and she can now stand from sitting in a chair with no hands held. But that is it! In 3 weeks, that's her only improvement. Brooke is so smart, she knows everything that is going on around her. All of her therapist tell me how smart she is...but she is so stubborn! Gee...I wonder who she gets that from?! We're now looking into theraputic horseback riding. How can you motivate a 22 month old to walk? HELP!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Molly did the same thing for the longest time. I have been told since birth that Molly has great tone and at 18 months I was told that she is so good that she will walk "soon". I was sooo excited. Well, I must say she took her own independant step at 22 months and is now really, really walking all over the place. I, too, was so dissappointed. Keep in mind, too, that the brain and her tone are two totally different issues. Good Luck!
Post a Comment