Wednesday, October 7, 2009

31 for 21...Brooke's Evaluation

This morning Brooke had her hour long evaluation for PPCD. They took her back, without Mommy, and tested her. They basically played with her to see how much therapy she needs. Then, they called me in and asked me a million questions about how much she can do. They decided that she needs to go to school starting at age 3, 5 days a week, half a day. They asked me about her medical conditions and I told them about my concern with her health. It's up to her cardiologist and pediatrician now. If they clear her for school, then I'll put her in. I highly doubt she will be cleared by the cardio doc. He wants her to have surgery before she goes to school. So, we shall see. I know both Brooke and Caden both would benefit tremendously from preschool, but I'm not sure if it's a risk we're ready to take health wise.

No comments: