It's been a little rocky lately in the discipline department at the Shipley house. Baby Jack stays with the nanny Mondays, Wednesdays, & Fridays at our home. Our nanny that we LOVED took a full time position with another family. We now have a new nanny who is very nice, quiet and sweet. She has been through some tough days lately. Caden it just at that age where he tests people. He pushes buttons, and wants to see how people react. He basically can get away with anything now that the new nanny has started, and he knows it. He has started hitting Baby Jack, and now Brooke hits him too. She sees her brother do something, and she wants to do it...good or bad. Wednesday I got home to a house that was in total chaos. Curtains hanging from the wall, kids crying, and my house a wreck. I had enough. I was tired of the nanny not being able to discipline or control three children. I was also tired of hearing how Caden and Brooke did this, and that....so, I took away all their toys. That's right, ALL their toys. We didn't watch tv, or play with any of their toys for 24 hours. They have had to earn back toys and tv time. So far about 1/4 of their toys are back. For a couple of weeks now we've really gotten serious with acting out. Things are now on the right track for Luke and I. Caden and Brooke both have been really well behaved for us. We have been consistent in the discipline, and it seems to be working...FOR US. The nanny is a different story. Hopefully baby Jack's parents will forgive us for their child's abuse. :( Whoever coined the term "terrible twos" had yet to see threes! Here are some recent pics with my new camera.

He only looks sweet & innocent
Don't know what's with the tongues...
Sissy with her crazy hair!
Please Lady...I'm trying to sleep!
3 comments:
Isn't it tough? We had to do the same thing with Mason a few weeks ago. He is so strong willed, which is a great characteristic, if used correctly. Hope it gets better.
Yes, I agree 3 is worse...Will has been testing us too. They are just too smart for their own good. Here is hoping it gets better, quick!!
We love Caden and Brooke! Baby Jack is going to be one tough little boy!
Post a Comment