Crackers and juice at 3 am
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Bump in the Road
Brooke has been having eratic breathing for the past couple of days. I took her to the doctor, she listened to her and said she has bronchiolitis (for the 3rd time since starting school in August), put her on antibiotics, and round the clock breathing treatments. She said Caden has only a sinus infection. The next night Brooke woke up with fever, racing heart, and was breathing very fast. So, off to the ER we went. We have two hospitals in our area, I prefer one over the other, but the one I like doesn't have a pediatrician on staff. So, we went to the gross ER and waited for about 30 minutes until I spewed out some medical jargon and that got the nurses moving. We were taken back right away, and were treated right away, which is very unusual for that hospital. She received back to back breathing treatments, steroids, and a chest x-ray in about 2 hours. The x-ray came back inconclusive. It showed some "junk" or "fluffiness" on her right lung meaning she has atelectosis and the early on set of pneumonia. She was kept over night, and thanks to all the above medications skipped an entire night's worth of sleep. After momma being up for 40 hours, we were sent home. It was our shortest hospital stay yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Has she been tested for polysaccaride antibody deficiency syndrome? It's a blood test and for us, it proved that Tommy was getting recurrent pneumonias because he didn't have the antibodies to fight it off. I thought I would mention the test just in case she didn't have one yet. Get better Brooke!
Post a Comment