
Mostly, the parent of a child with Down syndrome—or autism or Turner’s syndrome or Prader Willi syndrome or, for that matter, no syndrome at all—wants the world to accept their child. To love them, praise them, high five them on the soccer field, compliment their awesome sneakers, invite them to birthday parties, ask them questions and really listen when they reply, pick them for playdates, help them when they’re struggling, teach them when they need it and recognize all the good they have to give the world. Kelle Hampton

But it has also changed us forever. We've learned (ok...are learning) to be more patient, and to enjoy the small things. Her accomplishments, her trials, and mostly just her...

She's Brooke!

The Lili head lock!
2 comments:
So beautiful!
Love this post! I am so glad you read Kelle's post as well. I thought of you when I saw her post!!! Enjoy the magic of the extra chromosome!!!
Post a Comment