Friday, September 12, 2008

Ewww....

In preparation for Hurrican Ike I removed all my plants, swings, rockers, etc from the front and back porches (all by myself might I add!). Well, you all know I LOVE plants, if I didn't I wouldn't have gotten a degree in the darn things! Well, with plants comes insects. This past spring I found this worm and it freaked me out. Mind you in biology in college I saw a lot of freaky insects/animals/etc. I knew I had seen this Horn worm before, and it was just creepy. I even had nightmares about it! I was trying to describe it to Luke and he thought I flipped my lid, went off the deep end, and even questioned exactly what it was I was doing during the day. LOL Well, after clearing off the front porch I decided it was a good opportunity to spray it down. I was spraying under the 2 huge planters at the front door (they were too heavy to move) and guess what I found? My friend the creepy worm. Not only did I find 1 worm, but I found 2. Check them out:

So gross!


He uses his mouth to move & has a sharp stinger on his tail


His friend looked like he was having a hard time prior to me blasting him with water.

1 comment:

The Lloyd Family said...

OMG, that is the most disgusting thing I have EVER seen. Ewwww, is right!