Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

So far 2009 has been a little rough. We're all sick! Caden went to the ER for 104 fever and Croup with Stridor. Oddly enough, we celebrated 2008 in the ER with the exact same illness! This was Caden's 2nd trip ever to the ER and it was NOT fun. I gave him a breathing treatment before we left our house so he was wired. I literally had to wrestle him to sit in my lap. The male nurse (who was a very large man) had to help me pry Caden's fingers open to get his Oxygen saturation levels. Of course he then commented on how strong Caden was. (I didn't tell him that as a 4 pound baby it took 3 nurses in the NICU to hold him down for IVs.) We waited in the actual waiting area for 2 hours (8 -11) and then for another hour once we were actually admitted. I was not a happy camper, and neither was Caden. There's no telling what we picked up while we were there! Brooke has been running fever for a day and now has a clear, runny nose. It's just a matter of time before she too gets it. I've had fever off & on. I feel great one minute and then feel like I'm going to die the next. Luke just has a cough/head cold. We pray we all get over this quickly!
Yesterday I took some photos while the babies were feeling well. Here's our own little park in the backyard.
Sissy sitting in her Dora chair today. Pardon the snot dripping out of her nose! Yuck!

1 comment:

The Seelys said...

OMG that looks like the coolest backyard ever!