Monday, January 5, 2009

Sick Sissy!

Friday Brooke and Caden a doctors appointment with their pediatrician. It was a follow up ER appointment for Cade. Brooke had started running a fever and had a runny nose, so I suspected she was getting what Caden had. Brooke started having trouble breathing before we went to the doctor. Once we were there, her pulse Ox was 82! Normal is 100, but normal for her is 92. She was transported via ambulance to St. Luke's. They decided to transport her to Texas Children's due to her 3 heart defects. At 4 am they finally admitted us for pneumonia. She's had 2 x-rays and they suggest she has bacterial pneumonia, viral bronchitis, and atelectasus. She's getting breathing treatments every 4 hours and antibiotics every 8. She's on Oxygen and we will be in the hospital until she gets off. Please pray for our little girl!

5 comments:

Patrick, Julie, Will and Scott said...

We are praying for Brooke, please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Jana said...

I am sorry to hear about Brooke. I will definitely be praying for her (and you for strength to get through seeing your baby like that... it's hard being a mom).

The Seelys said...

I have been thinking about you!! We will pray for you! Keep us updated when you can.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I am so sorry to hear about Brookie! I will call my grandmother right now & put her on the prayer warrior list. Keep us posted and take care of yourself.

The Lloyd Family said...

We will be praying for Miss Brooke and you guys. Keep us posted and take care!