Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What's New...

Caden is our little chatter box. All day long, and I mean all day long, the boy talks. From the second he wakes up to the minute he goes to bed, his mouth is running. "Chatty Caden" is his new name! I have no idea where he gets this from. Luke and I aren't really big talkers. He talks for his sister too. "Sissy wants milk Mama" & "Sissy watch Dora" are things he tells me. I have to remind him that Brooke can talk for herself. This is all too common in twins. But, it's slowing down Brooke's speech. When Caden asks for milk, she gets milk too. When Caden asks to go outside, we all go outside. So according to Brooke, she doesn't really need to talk. She has been using a lot of sounds lately and saying a lot of words. She added "Elmo", "truck" & "Dora" to her vocabulary.
Looking so good...
Walking is just around the corner for Brooke. Our goal is for her to be walking by March, which is when she is supposed to turn 2 (they were 12 weeks early). She takes about 6 steps independently and will stand from the floor and walk to an object. She's doing great!

Walking to the table...
Brooke LOVES her little car...
if you couldn't tell!

Although we have 2 of these cars, we still have to fight over which ever one the sibling is in!


This is what happens when Daddy watches the twins!

1 comment:

Patrick, Julie, Will and Scott said...

We need to get these little boys together .. maybe they can wear each other out! Will never stops talking either ... and I really understand you are serious - from morning to night!!!