Brooke is back in the hospital...yes, you read right! She was feeling really bad Friday, the 13th, so I took her to the pedi. Our pedi was booked, so we saw one of her colleagues. He checked Brooke over, and told me she had a cold. Saturday night she started having a high fever, shortness of breath and rapid heart rate. So, I called the doctor. She suggested giving her breathing treatments and to watch her closely, if she wasn't better to take her to the ER. I debated and debated Saturday night to Sunday night on whether I should take her. Her color was fine (nice and pink), but I just had this feeling I should take her to the doctor. So, Monday I took her in. We asked the nurse to check her pulse oxygen to make sure it was up, and low and behold, it was 88. UGH! She immediately was put on 2 liters of Oxygen and we were sent through direct admittance (we bypassed the ER) to Hermann in the Woodlands. WHEW! We didn't have to go downtown to TCH. Last night was calm, Brooke stayed on 2 liters of Oxygen and did great. Around 6:30 am she started destating. So, we bumped her up to 3 liters, then 3 1/2. Nothing seemed to work, she still kept destating. VERY FRUSTRATING! The nurse and I did our own little "experiment" to check her Oxygen levels at various liters. We went all the way up to 5, but she had the same pulse ox she had at 3.5. WEIRD! So, we called the doctor and she said it was probably due to her small nasal passages (which are so tiny). She is now under an Oxygen tent, and is NOT a happy camper. It sends Oxygen out into the tint along with mist. It's basically like you're sitting in a humidifier. It's very scary for her. She can't see or hear. We have to touch her through a zipper. We're just taking it one day at a time and are praying she can tolerate the tent until she can breath room air. Please pray for our little angel!

Sissy never to far from her baby!
Gaga (Luke's mom) entertaining Caden
Here's the tent! Poor baby!
6 comments:
I hope Brooke feels better soon. I feel like I've lived and died by the oxygen saturation meter. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
I will be thinking of ya'll!!
Brooke is in our prayers! I hope she gets better soon and take care of yourself as well! Lauren you are so strong and Brooke is so bless to have you as a mom!!!
You guys are in my prayers. Brooke is so blessed to have you as a mommy, Lauren! You are great and sounds like you are pretty calm through the whole ordeal... I would be a nervous wreck!
Lauren, keep me posted on Brookie! So sorry to hear that she's sick again. Stay strong! God has a plan for her.
Poor Sissy! I hope she gets to feeling better. Let us know if you need anything...we're right around the corner. We'll keep Sissy in our prayers!
Post a Comment