Brooke officially has
Bronchiolitis. Here is what is being done: round the clock every 3 hours she gets breathing treatments and
CPT, antibiotics every 12 hours,
steroids every 6,8, and now 12 hours, and administration of Oxygen via the Oxygen tent or mask. WHEW! That's a lot; and 24/7. So, she's tired, and her care giver (either Luke or I) is tired. She tolerates the tent rather well. I think she feels safe inside. She is still not a happy camper. She won't talk to anyone (although she has signed eat, more and said "Dora" to watch
tv). Today we were able to decrease her Oxygen in her tent to 33% (room air is 21%), but had to increase it tonight while she was trying to go to sleep. Luke and I are very pleased with the hospital she is in. She basically gets one on one care. There is one other patient in the
pedi ward. The care is like night and day compared to Texas Children's. I hope we never have to go back there! Luke and I are trading off every 24 hours. It's nice to have a break!
Brooke did get to go for a ride in the wagon today, and she enjoyed it. She still isn't herself, and still looks and feels bad. I don't anticipate going home anytime before Monday. Please keep our sweet Sissy in your prayers!
Mama & Sissy
Kori & Caden hanging out! Caden spent the day with cousin Ko Ko and Aunt Lisa.
Brooke inside her tent
Caden busy playing waiting for Sissy to get better!
4 comments:
{{{HUGS}}} to Miss Brooke! Prayers are being sent....
Love, Molly
We will definitely be praying for sweet Brooke! It breaks my heart to hear she is struggling and I know must be very hard for you and Luke. I know God will heal her. Take care, Lauren. You're an awesome Momma!
Oh bummer! We are praying for a speeding recovery.
Awww sweet baby, I hope she gets better soon, we dealt with that ALOT when my twins were 2. Just and FYI three has been great for them health wise. The first two and a half years were the worst... Thoughts and prayers :)
Post a Comment