Friday, July 10, 2009

Sick Babies

The Michigan cousins brought a little something extra to Texas, a lovely virus. Brooke picked it up Saturday. She ran fever, and threw up that night. She has run fever off and on since Saturday. I'm watching her like a hawk, but I think she's starting to get over it. You would never know she had a fever (although low grade). She eats, sleeps, plays and is her happy self.

Tuesday I took the twins to the store and Caden starting screaming in the store. It wasn't a typical cry. It was more of a painful yell, and he did this for about 30 minutes. All was well Wednesday and for most of Thursday. Caden helped me make some chocolate chip cookies, and immediately after eating 3-4 chocolate chips, he starting screaming again. This lasted from 4 pm to 9 pm. I called the doctor on call and she felt that if he was in that much pain, he should be seen. So at 10 pm I arrive at the ER. Caden went though A LOT of tests. He had x-rays, blood work, urine, and a CT scan to rule out infection or appendicitis. The x-ray showed lots of air and poop. They gave him Morphine, which calmed him down for most of the time we were there. They tried a fleet enema, but no luck. They finally released us after 8 hours! But he still hadn't pooped. After a suppository at home he went! WOO HOO!

Watching cartoons after nap time.
Worn out
Fake smile!
Helping Momma make chocolate chip cookies.

No comments: