Saturday, August 8, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Luke and I picked up the twins a couple of weekends ago from his parents' house. The babies were sleeping, so we carried them to the car. Caden woke up and this is our conversation:
C: "Mommy I scared"
L: "Why Cay Cay?"
C: "I scared of the owls!"
What? Owls? Where did he get this? Silly Cay Cay!

Luke and Caden were sitting on the bed while Luke was getting ready for work.
C: "Daddy....I wub you!"

We've been potty training Caden, and he's doing really well. Still no poo in the potty though! Ugh! I bought him some Cars underwear. He LOVES "Tow Mater", one of the characters. So, of course he loves to wear the underwear with Tow Mater on them.
L: "Caden don't pee pee in your underwear. Tell Momma when you have to go potty"
C: "Don't pee pee on Mater!"

Update on Sissy:
Brooke has been doing really well with trying new foods. She is FINALLY eating vegetables. It only took me 2 years, but she's eating them! She is basically eating everything now. This has been such a struggle with her. She was so sensitive to textures and did not want to try new foods. Maybe now we can kiss the baby food goodbye!
Her speech is progressing really well too. She started saying "uh oh". So now all we hear is "uh oh". This is a big milestone!
We're still waiting on the approval for MDCP (Medically Dependent Children Program). I call & harass them weekly, so hopefully we will get a denial or acceptance soon. Through this program she gets Medicaid (which she needs BADLY), therapists, and respite. Keep us in your prayers that she is accepted into this program.

Thursday is cleaning day at the Shipley house. Sissy decided she wanted to help.

So, Caden had to help too!
Mommy out for Jennifer Seely's (one of my WMOMs) birthday. Check out her blog "The Seelys".


1 comment:

chris, katy, christopher, and benjamin said...

Thoughts and prayers! Can you send them our way on Fridays? They look like good little cleaners!!