Sunday, January 23, 2011
Update on Brooke
I wrote the previous post from her hospital bed on my phone, so it was difficult to proof. I hope it made sense! Wednesday morning I asked the doctor on call for another x-ray to see if her cold had moved into her lungs, he told me no. Thursday morning the new doctor ordered an xray and it confirmed that she did have pneumonia in her lower left lobe (which is new, she always gets it in her top right lobe). So no pneumonia Tuesday, he wouldn't check Wednesday and now she had pneumonia on Thursday. UGH! The doctor gave us two choices either stay at the hospital to make sure she remains fever free or go home and continue treatment. She was on no oxygen, just breathing treatments (which we do on a regular basis), and antibiotics so we decided to go home. The doctor was ok with that because she said I wasn't a nervous mom, whatever that meant. Since she has been home she has been doing well. She has no congestion. I believe she had a cold and it moved down into her lungs as a result of lying in a hospital bed. I wish they just sent us home on Tuesday. :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So happy to hear that she is feeling better. I can only imagine your frustration knowing that one of the doctor's wouldn't listen to you.
Post a Comment