Wednesday, January 19, 2011
A Very Big Scare from our Little Girl
Monday was a great day for B & C. We played, did a little shopping and got Brooke her beloved popcorn. Tuesday...not so much. I woke up to Brooke coughing at 4am. I checked on her and she quickly went back to bed. At 5:15 am I woke again to Brooke making noises on the video monitor. I went into her room and found her face down on her pillow. I picked her up and noticed ger body was completely limp. I then turned her over and saw her nose and mouth was covered with green snot. Her eyes were wide open. She was gasping for air. I quickly cleaned off her face to clear her airway. Her eyes rolled to the side and she was making a very strange sound. I yelled for Luke and he came running. We placed Brooke on the counter to get her inhalation steroids and her body was still limp. Luke dialed 911. I kept trying and trying to get her to respond to me, and she would not. She was incoherent and pale. Her neck was blue. We put her on the couch as I assumed her airway had collapsed. We started her breathing treatment and was repositioning her per the 911 operator's request. The paramedics were on their way and it seemed like a lifetime before they got there. They began to administer Oxygen and hooking her up to monitors. She began to choke and vomit as they administered another breathing treatment. Then, the ambulance showed up. Brooke's temperature was taken rectaly for a true reading and it was 105.4. I was shocked! Just an hour and a half prior she had no fever. Brooke, still unresponsive was put in her carseat on the stretcher and placed on the ambulance. She began having a breathing episode again and started turning blue, and vomiting. We left with light and sirens and as we went under the overpass, seconds from the hospital Brooke raised her hand as to "raise the roof". She knew she was in an ambulance!in the ER she had another breathing episode and the ER doctors witnessed it. After checking all labs and x rays it was decided that she had a febrile seizure. Everything else was normal. Then the vomiting started to get worse. Her fever had continued to stay down. So, the doc's assumed she had a stomach virus. If hshe could keep liquids down when given slowly, we could go home. But, everything we gave her soon came back up. She was admitted and moved to a room. Brooke soon was back to get typical self and was playing and eating. That night her fever spiked again and her pulse ox went back down. We no sit in the hospital on fluids, refusing to eat or drink, and taking antibiotics and breathing treatments round the clock. Please pray that Miss Brooke gets back to normal soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't even imagine the worry you are dealing with right now. Praying for healing and answers.
PRAYING FOR BROOKE and YOU!!! I admire your strength...
Oh my goodness!! Poor Brooke, poor mommy and daddy! It's amazing how quickly our little kids with Ds and poor lungs can crash. Although it's strange it was a seizure, I would have thought lung issue. I read your other post first, that your family chose to go home, thankful that she is okay. So incredibly scary!
Post a Comment