Wednesday, October 14, 2009

31 for 21...Day 13 & 14

Momma's crazy! Since I've gone back to work part time, I spend a lot of time in the car. So, that means I spend a lot of time listening to the radio. The other day I heard "Landslide" by the Dixie Chicks, and started crying. I guess it was the first time that I realized that my babies are getting older & their not babies anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy their growing up. In fact it was one of the things I prayed for all day, everyday that they were in the NICU. I just wanted them to be healthy, happy babies who could go on to lead "normal" lives. I guess all of these emotions are coming to a head because they are soon to be 3 (and momma's going crazy!).

2 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

So true...its not that you don't want them to grow up but why in the world does it have to happen so fast!?!!?

I hate that in the NICU I wished for days to pass so that we could all be home and healthy. Now I wish I could pause the days and cherish every second :)

Your kids are PRECIOUS...they get cuter and cuter every day!

Sandi said...

You are not going crazy :) That song gets me every time, and as my twins are closing in on the big 3 birthday and preschool soon... it just doesn't seem possible that our prayers have turned into blessings of twins that are thriving. Good job with making it this far, it's hard... really hard, but you are a GREAT mom. Love reading your blog and watching your double trouble grow along with mine.