Saturday, January 28, 2012

31 Weeks

How far along:
 31 Weeks
Things have not been so well. They could be a lot worse, but they also could be better.
Last Friday Luke and I went to the movies (without children) and during the movie I had to leave. I thought I was going into labor. I felt sick to my stomach, started having hot flashes & became very dizzy. I called the doctor on call and she thought I may have had some type of virus, or it was just hormones. On top of that I'm having lots of Braxton hicks contractions (up to 4 an hour).
Total weight gain:
28 lbs
Sleep:
 Still not sleeping well, but at least I'm still sleeping lying down. At 24 weeks with the twins I was sleeping sitting up. :)
Movement:
  I had another ultrasound this week. I'm checked every 2 weeks with an u/s. The baby is measuring LARGE. Here are it's stats:
Weight:  4 lbs 12 oz (35 weeks)
Head: 35 weeks
Stomach: 33 weeks
Femur:  33 weeks
This was rather alarming. I was very concerned over the baby's head, and that something may be abnormal. I don't have gestational diabeties, so I'm not sure why I'm carrying such a large baby, and my OBGYN isn't sure either. More so, I'm worried about delivering pre-term, and how much longer I can carry. My doctor is concerned too. She did a full exam. I wasn't dilated, cervix was closed and fetal fibronectin test came back negative which is all good news. I will be tested again in 2 weeks and hopefully everything will remain the same. If the ffn test comes back positive next time, I will be put on bed rest. :(
Photobucket Photo by Caden :) Photobucket He took both of these pics and I left them uncropped. Photobucket
Luke took this pic. Pardon the no make-up!

 Baby's face

No comments: